Voice of SAP (Specially Abled People) is a Global Advocacy Organization of volunteers to promote Empowerment to Specially Abled People, to facilitate the implementation of the goals of UNCRPD (UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities), promoting Independent living.
“The Convention is intended as a human rights instrument with an explicit, social development dimension. It reaffirms that all persons with all types of disabilities must enjoy all human rights and fundamental freedoms.”
VOSAP has adopted a multi-faceted, comprehensive approach to ADVOCACY that includes,
- Mass Awareness campaigns to socialize the concepts like “All of us are Temporarily Abled”, “Disability can happen to anyone, anytime!” so that we can reinforce the REALITY that Disability is everybody’s concern and everyone can help make the world an INCLUSIVE, Disabled Friendly place.
- Inspiring the Leadership of Government, Corporate and Social organizations, Communities to “THINK DIFFERENTLY & THINK INCLUSIVELY” as leaders have the responsibility and influence on people, resources, programs and policies that shape the future.
- Creating a Grass root Social Mass Movement by volunteers for “Make my Community Accessible”. Involving volunteers in community level actions and providing them the tools such as VoSAP mobile app to create visible, measurable impact, creating a tide of change in their community.
- Creating a Technology Platform that connects everyone with information, resources and possibilities that will be instrumental to further the cause of Specially Abled People. Our Mobile App “VOSAP” is the first step towards “Actionable Advocacy through Technology”.
- Creating a credible and effective “Network of Partners and Associates” who have proven expertise in their respective fields in Disability Sector and together we will strengthen each other to serve the Specially Abled Community better.
We comprehend our role as THOUGHT LEADERS and ENABLERS for EMPOWERMENT of SPECIALLY ABLED PEOPLE, GLOBALLY.
Our Phase I focus is India and then India model to be rolled out to other countries.
We are glad to have inspired over couple thousand volunteers and 100+ leaders so far. Plus 2 milestone achievements of our advocacy efforts namely Parts of our 12 goals of Vision 2020 are now adopted by current Govt. of India (through 7 manifesto commitments to Specially Abled People in its election manifesto), Accessible India Campaign (Vision to Reality), launched by H’ble PM Shri Narendra Modi.
Please read our Volunteer Handbook and if you like, please download our mobile app (VOSAP) or join on website (register your membership) with our team of passionate volunteers to actively engage and provide voice to the needs and Empowerment of 70 Million Specially Abled People of India and over 1 BN, worldwide.Learn More