Voice of SAP (VOSAP) understands how technology plays a vital role in changing the lives of people with disabilities. So far VOSAP has changed over 15,000+ lives with its innovative, digital tools, distribution of Assistive Devices and other programs. We strive to scale adoption and usage of Assistive Technology.
Assistive technology enables and promotes inclusion and participation, especially of persons with disability, aging population.They enable people to live healthy, productive, independent and dignified lives, and to participate in education, the labour market and civic life.
Here are some interesting statistics:
- According to WHO, An estimated 1.3 billion people – or 16% of the global population – experience a significant disability today.
- 200 million people with low vision who do not have access to assistive products for low-vision.
- 75 million people who need a wheelchair and only 5% to 15% of those in need who have access to one.
- 466 million people globally experience hearing loss. Hearing aid production currently meets less than 10% of the global need.
- Huge workforce shortages in assistive technology: over 75% of low-income countries have no prosthetic and orthotics training programmes.
The WHO-UNICEF Global Report on Assistive Technology (AT) (2022) reveals that more than 2.5 billion people need one or more assistive products, such as wheelchairs, hearing aids, or apps that support communication and cognition.
Assistive Technology Market:
There exists a multi-billion $, 21st-century socio-economic expansion opportunity for entrepreneurs, innovators by harnessing the “Ability” of 1 BN+ “disabled” people by creating affordable, innovative Assistive Tech solutions, Devices.
- More than 130,000 patents related to conventional and emerging assistive technologies were published between 1998 and mid 2020, with 15,592 filings on emerging assistive technologies alone in the period. (WIPO Tech Trends Report 2021)
VOSAP understands the importance of Assistive Technology and the crucial role it plays in providing a better life to Specially Abled People. VOSAP has been promoting adoption and innovation in the Assistive Technology sector through its Digital Tools.
VOSAP’s Enablement Program
VOSAP has changed the lives of 15,000+ Specially Abled People with its initiatives. Under its Enablement Program, VOSAP has created an online platform for applying for innovative Assistive Devices, subsidized various products so SAPs can access new gen devices.
VOSAP’s 3D Virtual Assistive Technology Exhibition:
To bridge the GAP between demand and supply and connect people of this sector on one platform to promote adaptation of Assistive Devices by SAPs, Voice of SAP launched the World’s 1st 3D Assistive Technology Exhibition on Dec 4, 2021. Today there are over 30 AT Innovators and Suppliers showcasing their innovative products on VOSAP AT Exhibition. Check out Exhibition at events.voiceofsap.org
The one-of-a-kind platform aims to help people with disabilities, families by knowing more about assistive products in the market, at NO COST for access to VOSAP exhibition and talk, do video calls directly with exhibitors in the VOSAP platform.
VOSAP’s International Assistive Technology Hackathon:
To accelerate innovation in Assistive Technology, VOSAP organized the International Hackathon on Assistive Technology in 2022 with LD College of Engineering which then expanded largely with AKTU (India’s #1 technology University with 763 colleges) and received participation of 114 entries from 11 states in India and CA, USA.
VOSAP launched AT Acceleration Fund on December 3, 2022 to promote innovations, provide support in getting market access of the innovative products. Dr. Chintan Vaishnav, Mission Director, AIM NITI Aayog Government of India, also joined the event on Dec 3 and motivated, inspired students and appreciated the work done by Voice of SAP in this sector.
VOSAP also launched $1Million ‘AT Acceleration Fund’ to support, market the innovations done by the Hackathon Winners.
Our expert grand jury from AT Industry, Academia and Incubation, identified top 3 winners and 3 Special Recognitions after months of continuous evaluation of entries. These evaluations were done on various factors like commercial viability, prototype readiness, competitive advantage and much more. All the Entries received were very unique and had a lot of potential.
MoU with Incubation Partners to support Innovation:
To help the innovators of AT Hackathon with Incubation and provide mentorship support, guidance and to get the end product to the market, VOSAP has also signed MoU with Various organizations and Incubation Partners like Innovation Hub, Dr.Abdul Kalam Technical University, Atal Innovation Mission – Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini.
VOSAP also signed Statement of Intent with Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog, Government of India to promote innovations, work together in promoting adoption of Assistive Technology. VOSAP will also be providing inputs on inclusive design as Experts in the Disability Sector.
Voice of SAP is continuously expanding its mission and ways to contribute and promote this sector. But we need many more people to join, help us along the way.
How can you Help?
- Promote innovations and adoption in Assistive Technology by visiting VOSAP’s Assistive Technology Exhibition, and inviting people to join, checking amazing products at Exhibition.
- Create Awareness among people in society about innovative devices available in the market through social media promotions, engage with us in doing market surveys.
- If you are a student, you can engage with us in Data Driven Research to understand Assistive Technology.