Voice of SAP launched International Assistive Technology (AT) Hackathon on June 20 2022. Hon Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Bhupendrabhai Patel launched the VOSAP-LDCE AT Hackathon in Ahmedabad, India.
Voice of SAP (VOSAP) understands how technology plays a vital role in changing the lives of people with disabilities. So far VOSAP has changed over 12,000+lives with its innovative, digital tools, distribution of Assistive Devices and other programs. We strive to scale adoption and usage of Assistive Technology.
Technology that Helps, Assists Persons with Disabilities and Senior Citizens to overcome their Disabilities. Traditional AT product examples: Eye-glasses, Hearing Aid, Wheelchair, Tricycle
Assistive Technology Hackathon is focussing on hardware and software technology solutions to assist Specially Abled People “Divyang”. This AT Hackathon encourages innovators (AT Hackathon participants) to build patentable products in assistive technologies.
To drive the AT Hackathon participation, Voice of SAP is collaborating with various colleges and universities like LD College of Engineering (Ahmedabad), Dr. Abdul Kalam Technical University (Lucknow), and many more.
SOLVING PROBLEMS OF 1 BILLION Persons with Disabilities
- Globally, 15% of people have disabilities in our society per WHO. Only 1 out of 10 have Assistive Devices as of now that too very expensive
Market and Career Opportunity:
- There exists a multi-billion $, 21st-century socio-economic expansion opportunity for entrepreneurs, innovators by harnessing the “Ability” of 1 BN+ “disabled” people by creating affordable, innovative Assistive Tech solutions, Devices.
- In the last 10 years, 80,000+ patents have been filed in this sector, a growing market.
Participate in AT Hackathon:
- Step 1: Register now at www.voiceofsap.org/athackathon/
- Step 2: Submit detail entry at www.voiceofsap.org/atsubmission/
- Team lead can register for the team, update the entry and submit all the details latest by Aug 31 2022
- Selected entries will be required to present to panel of judges during Sep 1 to Oct 31 2022
Themes of AT Hackathon:
Specially Abled people need mobility solutions to perform daily tasks that involve indoor and outdoor movement.
- Outdoor Mobility Technologies like Smart Tricycle with Solar Charging, Smart Wheelchair
- Indoor Mobility Devices like Self propelled Wheelchair, Knee Scooters, etc.
Specially Abled people with vision, hearing or speech impairments may experience difficulties while communicating and interacting with others surrounding them.
- Live caption in local language for TV for hearing impaired, Wearable devices like Smart bands to sense fire detections, Head Device for phone and PC, Smart assistance apps like App for blind, deaf students for communication.
Children with Autism, Dyslexia, have learning challenges with different types of disabilities, that not just increases illiteracy but also difficulties for parents and teachers.
- Smart softwares, Smart Content Consumption, Learning apps, tablet for Autistic People in the local language.
Learn about innovative Assistive Technology Products and Solutions available at events.voiceofsap.org
Timeline for AT Hackathon:
- June 20 : Launch
- June 20 to August 31 – Online Submission of detail design, code and concept
- September till October 31 – Virtual Presentations to jury by selected entries
- October 31 – Selection of top 10 entries to start working on prototype
- Dec 3 event – Public announcement of top 10 teams
- Jan 6 – Top 3 winner announcement
Prizes of AT Hackathon:
- Top 3 awards: First: $1000 Second: $500 Third: $200 by VOSAP
- Selected ideas will also get a booth at VOSAP AT exhibition at events.voiceofsap.org to present their ideas globally
- Partner Universities and Colleges are offering attractive rewards and prizes at University level for their participation.
- Incubation and Mentorship support at University Level
- Patent Support to projects by University.
For queries Email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now: www.voiceofsap.org/athackathon/